What do I do with all of the extra time I have now that I’m not watching network television?
Just remember, you can catch shows like Ellen online. Avoid watching anything that promotes “sum zero” games; like football, the Food Network, and other shows where there are winners and losers.
Now, you have the time to put into your own Ascension! This is the whole point of living. You can feel excited that you are embarking upon the most amazing, fascinating, and yes, at times challenging journey ever! This is the Warrior’s Journey.
Who is the happy Warrior? Who is he
That every man in arms should wish to be?
It is the generous spirit, who, when brought
Among the tasks of real life, hath wrought
Upon the plan that pleased his boyish thought:
Whose high endeavors are an inward light
That makes the path before him always bright:
Who, with a natural instinct to discern
What knowledge can perform, is diligent to learn;
And in himself posses his own desire;
The Ascending Pathway (from The Mastery of Destiny by James Allen)
1. Introspection: observation or examination of one’s own mental and emotional state, mental processes, etc.
2. Self Analysis: the application of psychoanalytic (the relationship between conscious and unconscious) techniques and theories to an analysis of one’s own personality and behavior, especially without the aid of a psychiatrist or other trained person
3. Adjustment: adaptation to a particular condition, position, or purpose
4. Righteousness: conducting ourselves in a moral way creates HAPPINESS 🙂
5. Pure Knowledge: Knowledge and Information, the power of which NEVER FADES !
THIS life is not merely what it seems to be. Hidden from our eyes by the cloak of materiality is a wonderful world which only the eyes of the dreamer can see and the soul of the mystic comprehend. The stony walls of conventionalized thought and commercialized ideas shut from the view life’s noble path. But as the ages pass, some see the greatness of the Divine Plan and comprehend the glorious destiny of the human soul. Sorrow, suffering, and loneliness are the great builders of character. Man never becomes truly great until his heart is broken. That is the supreme test. Those who are deepened and broadened by their experiences rise triumphant from the ruins of their dreams and pass on fuller destiny.
There are theories which appeal to the reason, and there are truths which the mind can never know. Through the ages the emotion and intellect have struggled with each other for dominion over the soul and man has foolishly allowed his servants to become his masters.
Religion is not merely intellectual – although it must be logical and reasonable: religion, in order to unfold the spiritual nature, must be enshrined within the heart.
Every individual who comes into the world is a Lonely One – a stranger in a strange land. At birth he begins a search which continues until he is laid away in death – and probably afterwards. Few can define the object they seek. If they only realized one thing, the quest would be ended – each searches for himself.
We live in a world of shadows. These phantoms are our not-selves, but most of us mistake them for the real Self. Only ages of sorrow and suffering can bring that discrimination which shows us what is really worthwhile, and develops that determination which strengthens us for the attainment of the greatest good.
Introduction from The Ways of the Lonely Ones, by Manly P. Hall
What can I expect to achieve when I follow My Own Destiny?
1. Peace and Clarity with Your Goals and Mission
2. Pride in Who You Really Are
3. Pride in Your Abilities and Intellect, as well as appreciation of those qualities in others
4. True Love with Your Beloved Soul Mate
5. A Connection with Your Eternal Nature, ie. Immortality